Our three judges have completed their judging, and notices have been sent to the three category winners, as well as the Honorable Mentions in all three categories. Check your emails!!! Your work will be published in both Prune Juice Journal and Failed Haiku in the November 5 issue!
There we about 180 entries this year, and they were outstanding. If you did not win the contest or get an honorable mention feel free to submit your work to Prune Juice or Failed Haiku, or to any other venue. I was pleased that there were entries from many countries from all over the world, and that mix held true for those who won as well.
Thank you all for helping to share Jane’s memory and her love for haiga with us.
Mike Rehling and Steve Hodge
The September 1 issue is now closed to submissions! Thanks to everyone who has submitted!
Please read carefully the NEW Submission Guides. I have had to change things due to all my communications issues, which continue. Here are some highlights!
- Hard close each month on the 25th of the month.
- Submissions should be submitted, if you can remember, between the 10th and the 25th of the month.
- NO ATTACHMENTS other than haiga. Word documents are a pain in the ass for everyone, and create downloading and formatting nightmares. If you have sent them this month, no worries I will muddle through, but please try to remember in the future.
- I WILL respond to all submissions, but I can no longer give you any firm timeframe. So sorry, but yesterday alone the Internet went out 50 times! I have tried satellite, 4G, and exhausted every option. Our community is working to develop better service options, but that may take a year or more!
- Please note also that from the start we have accepted previously published work.
I am committed to publishing, ON TIME, in the current format through the December 1 issue. After that Failed Haiku will be changing its format to allow me to publish under less stressful conditions. My friend the Internet has deserted me, so I need to just switch things around so FH can continue.
As always I enjoy reading your work, and interacting with you!