This issue, guest edited by Shloka Shankar, is now up for your viewing!!! There are 47 haiga by some astoundingly good haijin! I am so impressed that Shloka could FAIL so superbly! She has taken failure to a whole new level. Sincerely thank her for find job editing FH this month. And keep your eyes on SONIC BOOM also!
NEXT month the Guest Editor will be Roberta Beary, and the focus of the issue will be HAIBUN! I will be posting the submission guides in a few days, please WAIT before submitting.
Peace and good reading…
Submissions for the May 1 issue is the 25th of this month! We have lots of great submissions so far, and our Guest Editor, Shloka Shankar is keeping busy. Check out the Submission Guides for this issue and give it a spin!
This is one of our abbreviated issues. I did have some submissions come in, and rather than just reject them out of hand I read them and included them in this issue. I also added a retrospective section as well. Check out this issue at the link below:
Ron C. Moss
Robert Moyer and Guntram Porps
William Scott Galasso
Anna Maria Domburg-Sancristoforo
Nika and Jim McKinniss
Mohammad Naieem Bhat
Shloka Shankar and Dwarakanathan Ravi
David J Kelly
Sondra J. Byrnes
The first of the retrospective issues is UP!
Just got through the first four issues with this one! Wow, what a collection of senryu. I am actually proud of myself for selecting all of the work that has appeared. Give it a read, and check out my comments (in my unique style) and enjoy.
More later on future issues!!!
The new issue is UP, and the results of the Haiga Contest are now available!!!
Been a tough month with the Internet, but I finally got everything uploaded a few minutes ago.
The September 1 issue is now closed to submissions! Thanks to everyone who has submitted!
Please read carefully the NEW Submission Guides. I have had to change things due to all my communications issues, which continue. Here are some highlights!
- Hard close each month on the 25th of the month.
- Submissions should be submitted, if you can remember, between the 10th and the 25th of the month.
- NO ATTACHMENTS other than haiga. Word documents are a pain in the ass for everyone, and create downloading and formatting nightmares. If you have sent them this month, no worries I will muddle through, but please try to remember in the future.
- I WILL respond to all submissions, but I can no longer give you any firm timeframe. So sorry, but yesterday alone the Internet went out 50 times! I have tried satellite, 4G, and exhausted every option. Our community is working to develop better service options, but that may take a year or more!
- Please note also that from the start we have accepted previously published work.
I am committed to publishing, ON TIME, in the current format through the December 1 issue. After that Failed Haiku will be changing its format to allow me to publish under less stressful conditions. My friend the Internet has deserted me, so I need to just switch things around so FH can continue.
As always I enjoy reading your work, and interacting with you!